June 29, 2017
Tom Mitchell Represents CMU at 2017 World Economic Forum
Tom Mitchell, MLD Professor, is one of six Carnegie Mellon researchers and scientists playing an important role in global discussions at the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting of the New Champions in Dalian, China.
The meeting brings together world leaders in business science, technology, innovation and politics. This year's theme is "Achieving Inclusive Growth in the Fourth Industrial Revolution."
This year's CMU delegation includes:
- Erica Fuchs, professor of engineering and public policy
- Madeline Gannon, a research fellow with the Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry
- James McCann, assistant professor in the Robotics Institute
- Tom Mitchell, the E. Fredkin University Professor in the Machine Learning Department
- Illah Nourbakhsh, professor of robotics
- Gabriel O'Donnell, principal research programmer and analyst in the Robotics Institute
Photos courtesy of World Economic Forum / Faruk Pinjo