Machine Learning Core Courses
The Machine Learning Core Courses for the graduate programs consists of 5 courses.
These 3 required core courses together provide a foundation in machine learning, statistics, probability, and algorithms:
- 10-701 Introduction to Machine Learning or 10-715 Advanced Introduction to Machine Learning*
- 10-702 Statistical Machine Learning
- 36-705 Intermediate Statistics
*Note: While MS students may take 10-701 Introduction to Machine Learning, students must take 10-715 Advanced Introduction to Machine Learning to earn a PhD.
Plus any 2 of the fellow menu of core courses:
- 10-703 Deep Reinforcement Learning or 10-707 Topics in Deep Learning
- 10-708 Probabilistic Graphical Models
- 10-725 Convex Optimization
- 15-750 Algorithms or 15-853 Algorithms in the Real World
- 15-780 Graduate Artificial Intelligence
- 15-826 Multimedia Databases and Data Mining
- 36-752 Advanced Probability
Note: The two Menu Core courses must be taken from separate lines. E.g., a student may not use both 15-750 Algorithms and 15-853 Algorithms in the Real World to satisfy their Menu Core requirements.